Friday, April 20, 2012

Be Our Guest: Betty James Originals




[Inspiration photo courtesy of Leslie Bacon]

Today's post was inspired by Bacon, Leslie Bacon. Leslie is a brilliant decorator/collector of tramp art and pig paraphernalia whose ideas never cease to amaze me. (Check out her recent spread in Country Living). The other day, Leslie sent along a photo of her new guest room, in which she used Ric Rac to cover up an old wallpaper seam instead of stripping and repainting the whole room (like I said, brilliant).

This inspired use of ric rac, that delightful trim shaped like cartoon bacon, sent me on an Etsy hunt. So thank you Leslie for indirectly bringing me to Betty James Originals out of West Bend, Wisconsin. This shop is so sweet my unborn babies' baby teeth just fell out. Aside from the hand embroidered onesies and bibs, she makes the kitchen towels pictured above, the kind of product Anthropologie wishes they sold. The kind of product so folksy and awesome I wouldn't be surprised if I saw it on SNL's next enstallment of "Bein' Quirky with Zooey Deschanel." Please enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment